CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Wonders

I don't know if you all have noticed, but I have posted up 2 pictures. One to the right of me, and one on the bottom. The one on the bottom is of The Savior coming out of his tomb, being ressurected. I chose that specific picture becuase not only does it portray exactly what we believe in but the detail that went into this picture is just simply amazing. Every strain of grass was drawn out, the flowers were drawn out with such detail and the clothes, they look like they are a brilliant white. It's just simply an amazing picture and I absoluetly love what it represents. He lives. Our Savior Lives! What joy do we have to cause in this huh?
My second picture is on the right of here, and it is a calla lily flower. The reason I have chosen this flower is because A. It is a beautiful flower and B. I learned at the Womens Conference a week ago that the church uses this flower because it is, in a way, a representation of our struggle to stand out. For this flower is able to live among the weeds. It is able to stand out, to have the strength live and be different, to have a beautiful aura and overall represent itself with such dignity. And the color white is also beautiful on this flower because it is in a way a reminder to help us to stay clean, and worthy. A representation of the House of the Lord. And I love this flower. I've always loved white flowers, especially the rose but this... I love this even more because I've found out that it can live and grow and prosper, even among something that wants to destroy it.

1 comments:

Thelissa said...

One of my favorites is the calla lily too. I had them at my wedding. I hadn't thought about the representation though. Love that. My other favorite flower is the gerber daisy. They are the daisy's that are really big and bold. Anyway, great post.