CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Awww How Sweet

So, I was at work last week, on friday. And I had to work at the kettle corn stand. That was pretty cool, and it was fun even though it was cold. And at one point, there was this really cute little girl who came up to the kettle stand with her mother and she had such beautiful, long, red hair that was a bit curly and she was askin' her mom somethin', very quietly and then I hear her mom say "it's ok dear, just ask." And so the little girl turned and looked up at me and said "you're really beautiful." I was Soooo happy to hear that from a little girl! And you know, coming from a child, they speak the truth. And I am happy to say that I actually, in a way, believe her. :) ^_^ I told her too how I thought she was a beautiful little girl and had beautiful hair. :) She smiled at that.
And at the end of the day, when we were closing up, this mother came up to us and asked if there was any way we could get her daughter some popcorn for 3 dollars. Because 3 dollars is how much the small bag costs. Me and the other guy working at the stand looked at the little girl, crying, and holding the 3 dollars out to us and he went to his little pile where he had 2 large bags left over. One for him, and one for another guy (I had my own in my hand. there was 3 large bags left) and he gave this little girl the large bag (which costs 7 dollars) and took the 3 from her. I about handed her my own and then saw him going to get his for her. But she was just soooo sweet, and so cute; you couldn't pass up a little girl like her. She wanted the popcorn so bad. And I felt so happy. We had done a good deed I feel and I felt so good. lol and also because that little girl from earlier had totally made my day.

And this General Conference that's happened these last two days... my how amazing it's been! This General Conference, though, has seemed different than the ones from the past. It seemed more... urgent. But I still am never amazed that I hear just what I needed to hear most out of one or more of those talks. How awesome is that? I've said it before but I can't help but be amazed, and in awe. Our Savior and Heavenly Father really do listen to us, and really do hear our thoughts. 'Cause even when we do not express in our prayer's some of the things we are thinking and have bothered us for a day or more... he is always able to tell us in such a way...

1 comments:

Kierstan said...

Nice post. I think it is so cute that the little girl had the courage to tell you that you are beautiful. It is always nice to find that someone thinks that about us.
PS, I think you are Spectacularly Beautiful!!