CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 13, 2008

The Olive Tree

In sunday school today, we got to learn about the olive tree. Now, I can't remember exactly what it was called but I know that that is what it was about; and it is in Jacob 5. Turns out that that chapter is seven pages long. Ha! So we had to kind of... skim through it a little bit. Usually we have Ron and Susan Thorne teach our class 'cause they are our teachers but they were down in St. George this weekend and so we had a substitute (It seems like they're always gone lol). Our Substitute was Patriarch Chipman. Man he is the greatest guy! I love him! And so, he was teaching the lesson, being funny and... it turns out that the whole story of the olive tree is really about the second coming. As he was teaching, he began to tell us more about the Second Coming and how it would all happen. And what I liked about his talk a whole lot was this quote he told us that was by Joseph Fielding Smith I think... I can't quite remember who spoke it but it said...

"Without question, there are many valient souls now living who were worthy of a millenial birth...but have been sent to earth at this time to be lights and guides to many of our fathers children"

What I love about this quote is that... even though we are born in this time, and there are many, many souls who will be born in the time when the Savior reigns as Lord of Lords and King of Kings and that they were worthy enough to be born at that time; so were a whole bunch of us. So many of us who are living in this time and dispensation were worthy enough to live in the millenial days but because of the wickedness of the world at this time, the Lord needed his most valient and most righteous to come down to this earth to bring as many of his sons and daughter's back to him as possible (I also learned that from patriarch chipman).

I just love that. For a long time I kept wondering if I wasn't worthy enough to live in the time of the millenium. If I wasn't that great. I actually wondered if something was wrong with me that I couldn't be born in that time. Of course... over time I've come to learn how untrue those thoughts are and I felt even more how untrue they were when I heard that quote. I can't believe how blessed I am. How much the Lord really is two steps ahead of me. I often wonder what my calling in this life could be, how I'm going to live up and be able to do the work He wants me to do but, that's where faith comes in. We just gotta have faith that He will help us and guide us and give us the trials we need in order to move forward in his Gospel and spread the word to all we know and be able to do our callings to the best of our ability. :)

I love Sunday's.

2 comments:

Kierstan said...

Beautiful comment Kierstan. You have a wonderful testimony. Stay strong and keep the faith. It will be the only thing that will sustain you as the future unfolds.

Connie said...

Kiers, I read this to Grandma because I was so impressed with your comments. She loved them too! Thanks for sharing!